Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The end of Avi Awareness February.....


Yesterday was the last Avalanche Awareness class at Keystone. February is Avalanche Awareness month. Let's just say it went out with a ......whimper. We had just a few people sign up and I taught the class by myself. One thing that was nice was having so few people allowed me to get very detailed about some things in the program.

So, next year I have some ideas. I want to contact some of the bigger avi gear vendors and get co-op dollars to help with advertising. I want to advertise our classes 3 weeks before the first one begins and advertise once a week during February. I want to get coupons from Wilderness Sports in Dillon for 10% off a shovel, beacon, probe purchase. Lastly, i want to get a Tracker Beacon from BCA to give to one of our students. It'll given out by pulling a name out of a hat and it'll be announced via our last ad.

I do hope that this will fill our classes back up and maybe from this we can have more classes and not just in February.

No comments: