Thursday, November 30, 2006

COLD, COLD DAY!!!!


I woke up this morning to the thermometer in my car reading -18 degrees.


Yikes............funny things happen on mornings like that. Things like, my car makes funny noises, dash board lights flash weirdly, it hurts when you breath through your nose and many more things.


I was working on North Peak today and had to be on the mountain at 7am. The reason is yesterday and today Bode Millers wax techs were testing waxes on an area called Mozart Flats. It's interesting to watch. We pull his techs up the flats, they put on one pair of about 15 pairs of skis and make runs through timing gates.


Everything works fine till one goofball patroller skis through the gates and in their tracks. Hehe, by the way, that patroller was me. Oh man, i was laughing hard. Hey, when Bode starts winning medals I'll stop skiing in their test track. anyway, i thought my skis ran fast for not being tuned since the middle of last year.


So i would have gotten pix of all this but my camera froze. So the only pix i have are up by North Peak PHQ. The day was cold but amazingly beautiful and it did warm up to +7 degrees.


Ok, tomorrow i head up to the Estin Hut to help out teaching an avalanche course over the weekend. If the camera doesn't freeze I'll snap some pix.


No comments: