Friday, February 10, 2006

E-Mail anyone????


I was going through all my photo's and found this one. I always thought it was funny.

This is a picture taken at Everest Base Camp. We were climbing Lhotse and this was a rest day. On rest day's the only thing to do is goof around, play hearts or play chess.

Most of the Everest teams had huge camps....Little cities. They all had satellite dishes, generators, espresso machines, computers and DVD players. Well, we had to make fun of them.

Our camp was set up right at the base of the Khumbu Ice Falls. So, all the other teams had to go through our camp to get on the mountain. We set up our own Sat dish that we made out of pork and bean cans and string. What's funny is we actually had some trekkers come up one day asking if they could send an e-mail.

Oh yeah, the guy in the picture is Gary, our expedition leader.

Ok, Ok, I admit, I did enjoy the movie nights at the camp of the blind climber.

No comments: