Sunday, November 15, 2009

8 inches of snow in Boulder.....The deck railing doesn't lie.


Wow, here in Boulder we got a nice little snow storm. It was a culmination of two storms over a 3 day period. As you can see from the SnowMagination Headquarter's official snow depth measuring device we got just a bit over 8 inches.

The thing about the snow we get here in Boulder is it's always very light. This is the kind of powder I look for every time I head out into the backcountry. Don't get me wrong, we do get our fair share of ice storms but when it snows it's beautiful and light.

Oh yeah, I was looking through Lou Dawson's web site, wildsnow.com, and he had a post for a new Colorado snow site, Colorado Powder Forecast. I looked it over and it seemed interesting. I'll keep an eye on it and see how this guy does with his forecasting.

So, what do I do with all this snow. Well, we get out in it and go for a ski tour on the trails right behind the house.

I'm going to finish my coffee and get out there.

No comments: