Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Beginning of a winter.

It's been a couple of years since i've written in this blog. I guess the main reason is that I went down to part-time status with keystone patrol and I wouldn't have much to say. Well, i'm still part-time but now I feel I will have some things to say.

This past weekend was our ski patrol refresher. This is the event where we, as a patrol, relearn all that we forgot about patrolling over the summer. I'm always incredibly impressed by all the knowledge these men and women have. Their dedication to ski patrol and Keystone Resort (owned by Vail) leaves me speechless.

So, the photo shows the main meeting hall at Keystone Lodge. As you can see we have quite the large Patrol. The 4 days of learning is very hands on and very extensive.

Today was the last day for the refresher. I left my house at 5:30am and as I was driving through town in the corner of my eye I saw a moving figure. It was Jesus walking down the street. For a second I thought this was weird until I remembered last night was Halloween. I thought two things, one was, even Jesus does the early morning walk of shame ( I bet that guy can score the chicks) and the second thing I thought was, I wonder what Jesus would be for Halloween?

Anyway, I'm excited to be back updating The Ski Patrol Chronicles. I'm even more excited for this winter, it's sure to be a great one.

No comments: