Thursday, January 12, 2006

Busy day in the clinic??????


Ok, these guy's work hard but I made them pose like they were taking a nap. I told them i was going to use the photo to bribe them for free Band-Aides. (you would only laugh at that if you were a med guy). That's Tracy (Nurse) and Brandon (EMT) and Ann (X-Rays) from Keystone Medical Center.

Yesterday, as part of rookie training, I had to do a 6 hr shift in the Keystone Medical Clinic (KMC). This is where we bring the injured skiers we pick up off the mountain. KMC is right next to the slope, so we just ski them right down the ramp and onto a gurney (SP??).

It was good training and lots of fun. I got to be in with the Doc's while they did their thing.

The best wreck of the day was a young kid about 20 yr old. He turned to avoid another skier and fell popping off his ski. In doing this he fell on his ski edge slicing a laceration around the knee about 6 in long and 4 in wide. You could see everything, muscle, tendons and even a little bone. We kept making him bend his knee so we could see the internal movements of everything. He didn't mind, he was a punk and kept asking us to check to make sure he didn't cut off his 3rd leg.

Now I have 3 days off. Tonight I work in the mountaineering shop teching skis. Hmmmm, maybe I'll get some photo's.

No comments: